Subject: Re: VAX3100 support
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jesper Frank Nemholt <jfn@dassic.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/20/1998 11:16:27
Brian D Chase wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Jesper Frank Nemholt wrote:

[clip]

> Yes on running it diskless, and yes on being able to netboot from Linux.
> It's a non-trivial task with Linux, but it can be done.

OK. I found the info on your homepage. Great !
Would it be easier/better to do the netbooting from a FreeBSD box ?

> > I've heard that it's possible to get OpenVMS in some sort of a limited
> > student licence, is this correct ? (I would like to run VMS on one
> > machine and NetBSD or Linux on the other), but I don't have the money to
> > go buy VMS.
>
> See: http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/index.html

Found that. Looks great, since I've allready bought two machines
allthough I haven't recieved them yet.
Then I can have BSD on one and VMS on the other :)

l8r/Jspr
--
 Jesper Frank Nemholt      Tel   : +45 75 82 52 56
 Pilevaenget 23 2. MF      Fax   : +45 75 82 52 69

               Seven dead and they blame Marine training.