Subject: Re: NetBooting
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/19/1998 22:12:54
On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

> Is the DELQA supported as a netboot device yet? I'm having tape problems on my
> second system, and want to try to install from my other VAX. I've checked the
> Netbooting how-to, but it still says that the DELQA isn't supported.

My netboot HOWTO is about 7 months out of date I'm afraid.  The mopable
bootloader has supported DEQNA and DELQA since sometime early in the year.
My personal experiences were that I've had success netbooting my MicroVAX
II's with DEQNAs, but that I was unable to netboot a MicroVAX 3600 with a
DELQA or DEQNA.  And them I'm pretty sure that David Brownlee was able to
netboot his VAXstation II/RC with a DELQA.  So there seems to be some
inconsistencies with either certain versions of the Q-bus ethernet
adapters or how they interact with certain models of Q-bus VAXen.  It
does mostly work, but YMMV.

-brian.
---