Subject: Re: No way to install NetBSD on uVaxII
To: J.S. Havard <enigma@intop.net>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roar_Thron=E6s?= <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/17/1998 12:40:05
On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, J.S. Havard wrote:

> I have a MicroVAX-II, with 3 RD53s, and one RD54, yet no way to install
> NetBSD because I have no tape drive or floppy drive.  Also, DEQNA just
> don't netboot.  I am looking for somebody in the US that I can send my

You have tried a recent boot.mopformat (from multivac.ludd.luth.se)?

The NetBSD DEQNA/DELQA netboot does not always work.
The standalone driver may be missing something (internal processor
register settings, Qbus configuration etc).
Since I've recently acquired the etftp sources, I might have better
chances of figuring out what might be wrong.

Otherwise, there is software from Athena BSD43 that works.

(Read ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/mailing-lists/port-vax/port-vax.0180,
search for the word etftp.)

-Roar Thronęs