Subject: Howto-tips wanted
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ronny Svedman <ronny@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/16/1998 16:44:00
Next weekend i will have a try to get Netbsd running on my MicrovaxII, and
my Vaxstation 3100 m76/SPX. I have had the MVII runnning 1.2 from disk
before, so i reckon i can pull it up on a new version (What's the latest
STABLE version on KA-630?) (I will use a TK-50 boottape 1.2G)

As for the Vaxstation, i havent yet tried it with Netbsd, I have been
waiting for more support. Have i got the idea correctly that i can now run
X on this machine, but diskless since SCSI support is not here yet?

As for netbooting: can I boot it off the MVII, and in that case, must i
have a separate mirror of the files for the VS3100, or can they share
parts of teh distribution ?  ( I am short of disk in teh MVII (1xrd54 plus
3xrd53)) Would you suggest i get some NFS-mounted disk on the MVII for the
files for the VS3100? I am aware that this will be slow, with the MVII as
fileserver for teh VS, but thats the way i have to do it...

Am I making any sense ?

Regards, Ronny Svedman

* Ronny Svedman  =09ronny@update.uu.se=09=09*
* Sturegatan 12A :123   Lando_C, in IRCnet #australia=09*
* 75314 UPPSALA         http://www.update.uu.se/~ronny=09*
* Sweden    =09=09+46-018/550404=09=09=09*
*=09=09=09=09=09=09=09*

"How long is a powercord?  -Usually 1% too short! "

- Ture P=E5lsson