Subject: Need netbooting help, VS3100
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Mr. E. Nigma <enigma@intop.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/12/1998 22:09:41
I really need help netbooting one or two VS3100s.  One is an M38, the
other, not exactly sure.  Its model number is VS42A-DA.  The M38 is
WS42A-BF.  Help me identify the box.

I think I have everything setup to netboot them correctly, but all I get
are the MOP requests sent to my server, but nothing ever is sent back.
The server is running on FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE.

The unidentified model VS3100 has a 230MB SCSI drive with VMS on it, but
that OS is very icky in my opinion.  I mean it isn't unix.  The only
good thing about it is the box has DECwindows, but I have no monitor,
keyboard and mouse for it.  My serial terminal works well right now.

I've read through the netboot-howto a few times, but still haven't got
things to work right.  I will send my config stuff tomorrow.  As for
now, I just can't boot the thing.

Regards and many thanks in advance,
John Havard

--
This message was sponsored in part by John Havard.  Copyleft (c)