Subject: Re: Does anyone need a DEBNT ?
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vb2rmc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 07-Aug-1998 0957 +0100 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/07/1998 11:05:42
"bob@poco-adagio.santa-clara.ca.us" "Bob Armstrong"  wrote:

>  I bought a load of surplus DEC stuff at a bid sale recently, and one
>of the items in the lot was a DEBNT (T1034).  Looks brand new, and it's still
>in the original DEC conductive box.  Since it's unlikely that I'll ever have
>a VAX BI machine in the garage, I'd like to find it a good home.  I don't
>want any money for it, but I would be interested in swapping for some
>useful QBUS parts.

Just for the record the DEBNT is T1032 (and is the one that tried to do both
ethernet and TK tape support). I *think* it ended up being supported only on
the VAXstation 8000.

The T1034 is either a DEBNA or a DEBNI - just a microcode change is what I
recall the difference between the two is (T1034-00 is the DEBNA, T1034-YA is a
DEBNA that has been upgraded toa DEBNI). A much nicer beast altogether.

You don't need that big a garage to house a VAXBI machine: the VAX 82x0/83x0
and the VAXstation 8000 (assuming you can find one) are all single phase
(although the 16A @ 120V might be a problem for you). The 6000/7000 series are
all three phase - but there was a posting some time ago that described how to
convert the 6000 to single phase. (No warranty implied - do this at your own
risk!!).

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England