Subject: Re: uVAX II console cable pinouts?
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vb2rmc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 06-Aug-1998 0707 +0100 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/06/1998 08:04:35
"esp@stip.net" "Erno Palonheimo" wrote:

>does anyone have the pinouts for an uVAX II console cable? In lack of
>VT420 I will be using a PC as the console, but a normal null modem cable
>does not seem to work here, and I remember that this cable is somehow
>special. If anyone has the wirings for this, I'd be very pleased to have a
>diagram or explanation of them.

The MicroVAX DB9 connector precedes that used in the IBM PC and is wired
differently. If you look in the Info-VAX FAQ at
	ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/dec-faq/vms
you should find the answer to all your questions.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England