Subject: Re: Slightly off-topic: VS4000-60 hardware
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vb2rmc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 30-Jul-1998 0652 +0100 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/30/1998 07:50:38
"IVIE@cc.usu.edu" "Roger Ivie" wrote:

> What you do is put one screw in the middle hole of each side of the drive
> and slide the screws down the notch. When you get the screw to the point where
> the notch goes to the right, you push the drive over to the right and the
> plastic clip will click onto the front of the drive. The drive is held by
> two screws and the plastic clip. The bottom drive bay is similar, but you
> mount the drive upside down.

What you are *supposed* to do is screw the appropriate plate to the bottom of
each drive and then the "wings" on the plate slide in and hold the drive in
place.

I cannot remember the arrangement for the 5.25" bay plastic mount - I think that
with that one you actually screw the drive to the plastic, which then clips
into the box in the usual way.

I'm not sure if the expansion box is supposed to work the same way, but I'd run
out of plastic mounts by then so I just used random metal worked screwed in as
appropriate.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England