Subject: Re: Slightly off-topic: VS4000-60 hardware
To: None <PORT-VAX@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/29/1998 10:16:58
> There is a 3.5" and 5.25" drive tray in the case, but it appears you need
> to mount the drive itself to some plastic bit that snaps in.  (The tray in
> the case has no screw holes, and it's just barely too wide to hold a drive
> securely on its own.)  I'm missing these plastic bits.

There should also be a dual 3.5" bay which snaps in just to the left of the
5.25" bay just in front of the motherboard. You can screw two drives into it
(one rightside up, the other upside down).

I've never had a 5.25" device in any of my machines, so I have seen neither
the plastic bits that attach to the drive nor the front panel with a cutout.

Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu