Subject: Re: Setting up a T1 and email
To: Eka Kelana <eka@jwest.telkom.co.id>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/15/1998 19:25:45
On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Eka Kelana wrote:

> Sure... but using a Unix box as a router is not recommended.
> I currently use my NetBSD box as a DNS server and a mail server
> using exim MTA.

Huh? What's wrong with using a Unix box as a router? I know of a bunch
used that way perfectly well. Unless you want very high throughput, they
work just fine. And if you do, I guess you also have the budget to go
along with those requirements, and will hardly even think about playing
around with meagre VAXen. :-)
Anyway, I'd expect performance using a Unix box (even a VAX) to work
better than something which has anything from MS involved in it.

	Johnny