Subject: Re: bitch bitch bitch was RE: KA6x0 support
To: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/1998 11:24:55

	http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/sendpr.cgi?gndb=netbsd

> > > b) Default behaviour for any error was to start over from the beginning
> > >
> > 	What do you define as an error here?
>
> In my opinion it should jump back one level. For example, if my FTP
> install fails, I'd rather go back and try an NFS install than start over
> from the partitioning stage.

	Best to include that in a PR to make sure it does not all through
	the cracks...

> > > If these things were fixed, however, it would be a great install process.
> > >
> > 	I believe that is the intended plan :)
>
> Can't wait to see it working on VAX..

	It sounds like a nice job for someone with C knowledge, but
	without the experience/desire to work on kernel stuff. I'm sure
	Ragge could run it off without any real effort, but new machine
	support is probably a much better priority :)

		David/absolute

                -=-  "Why am I seething with this animosity"  -=-