Subject: Re: Netbooting KA650 w/DELQA?
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/01/1998 00:30:35
On 1 Jun 1998, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> Maybe the KA650 (at least in the revision you have) cannot MOP boot
> with a DEQNA, requiring a DELQA to do it?  I seem to recall that the
> combination of KA650 and DEQNA is officially unsupported by DEC...?

I suppose that is possible, though I didn't actually have any troubles
getting the MOP bootloader image to run.  The problem appears to be that
the stand-alone ethernet driver isn't quite communicating with the
bootserver.

Boris Gjenero sent me an e-mail stating that he was able to get his KA650
running with his DEQNA.  I have a DEQNA in my MicroVAX II, but I've just
been a bit hesitant to pull it and test it in the other system.  The MVII
is in a BA123 so it's not too much a pain to pull the Q-bus modules from,
but it's one of those things I like to avoid as it took me what now seems
like forever to get that machine happy.

-brian.
---