Subject: fishing for PDP-11 knowledge :)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel S. Kosack <daniel@kosack.fred.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/1998 19:34:22
  Ok, totally unrelated to this list, but since someone brought up making
an image on a RX01 attached to a PDP11, I thought I'd go fishing...

  Well, I have this "MicroPDP-11" sitting here collecting dust (I got it for
$10, and thought it would be cool).  I know 0 about PDP-11 stuff, except
that I was able to get it to boot into RSX-11M once (not without errors of
course).  The machine has a hard drive (unknown size/type, it's internal)
and 2 5.25" floppy drives (I don't know the designation).  I know nothing
about RSX-11M.

  Does anyone here have any experience with these beasties?  I know
NetBSD isn't over to the pdp11 yet (that would rock sooo much!), but
if anyone has played with those SCO UNIX v5,6,7 installs at all or knows
of a "how-to" site to get them loaded up (no tape drive) I would be
appreciative to hear about it.

  I would like to get it into a usable state; without a NIC though that
may be a mute point anymore.

--
Dan Kosack
kosack@wam.umd.edu