Subject: Re: MicroVAX I questions.
To: Erno Palonheimo <fsck@stip.net>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/1998 21:25:11

> Hi,
>
> I managed to get hold of a MicroVAX I. AFAIK I can run NetBSD/VAX on this
> box, but as of now, it has no disk at all.. Does it support SCSI? If it
> doesn't, what disk should I get for the machine? The label on the CPU card
> says 610QM-YB. What CPU is this, how fast? How much of memory does the
> machine support? BTW, thanks for the help with 3400, got it booting and it
> runs NetBSD/VAX 1.3 quite happily now. It is actually a lot of use, I run
> a DNS on it.

If it actually _is_ a MicroVAX I, then NetBSD does not support it and
will probably never support it either if not some feel very much for porting
NetBSD to it. MicroVAX I, IIRC, was the first one-chip VAX ever done,
it emulated lots of connon instructions (movc3, ...), it could only support
4MB of memory and it was unbelievable slow; slower than a 11/730.
(In mips slowe than a 6502 microprocessor).

-- Ragge