Subject: Re: Big Vax Was: VAX 780 and it's Microcode...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@phoenix.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/22/1998 04:45:22
>But I'll offer a definition of a large VAX.
>A VAX that don't HALT when you press ^P on the console is a large VAX. :-)

Well, then, my 4000/300 is configurable to be large or small: you can
enable ^P being HALT via a console command. BREAK is used if that's turned
off.

>That is, one with a real front processor. You could also say a VAX where
>the FEP has its own file system.

Oh...well, then, mine is definitely small, since the console runs from ROM.
--
Jay Maynard, EMT/P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jmaynard@phoenix.net              | adequately be explained by stupidity.