Subject: VaxStation 3100 related stuff..
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Burrows <snadge@gemcorp.com.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/03/1998 00:27:21
Hi all.

I've managed to mopboot a VS3100 KA42, off an AMD 386dx40 running linux..
:)

When I access the internal SCSI disk, the kernel prints a few SCSI DMA
timeout messages and dies.  I think I remember someone mentioning that
this has been fixed, and theres a new kernel image somewhere.  Could
someone please remind me where this is? :) (i'm using gennetbsd from 1.3)

Also, every now and then I get "le0: device timeout" (or something like
that) and networking freezes temporarily.  I remember other people having
the same problem but again I don't know whether it has been fixed.

And lastly, how do I get a vt320 to work? I've plugged it in, and nothing
happens.  I remember someone telling me theres a switch somewhere, but I
don't know where it is.. There's one on the back of the machine that
doesn't seem to do anything.  Maybe I have the terminal settings wrong. Is
it 9600,8,n,1 ?

Regards,

Dave.