Subject: IPv6 interest?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roar_Thron=E6s?= <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/14/1998 12:51:54
Hi

Is there any interest in IPv6 for NetBSD/VAX?

In case, I have compiled the INRIA distribution, and put the binaries at
ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3+vax+ipv6.

It is just a generic kernel, and some tgz files. The tgz files are mainly
new and changed binaries, to be untarred on an existing 1.3.

There are also a couple of minimal (no multihoming) patches for qe and de
interfaces.

Drawbacks: For some reason, resolving does not work properly.
Network autoconfiguration works only with the le interface, while qe (and
probably de) needs some manual interventions and only works partially.
(
I have read someplace that the INRIA implementation uses packet filter a lot.
The vax/conf/GENERIC states that bpfilter does not support de and qe yet,
but the vax/if/if_qe.c has packet filter code, seemingly.
)

(We have got mirrors of the INRIA docs and implementation at
ftp.nvg.ntnu.no:/pub/IPv6/bsd/inria.)