Subject: Re: Odd networking failures
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/12/1998 10:46:31
Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > My MicroVAX II (with DEQNA) just totally dropped off my network.  It
> >
> I've never seen this on any of my machines; except for the complaints
> about overrun, this driver has functioned well. Have you verified that
> it isn't your transceiver that is flakey?

I somehow doubt that taking an interface down and back up would fix
problems with a flaky transciever.  I'd tend to assume that whatever is
going on is actually happening with the DEQNA (though that does not
imply that it is a normal thing... the DEQNA could be failing).

> If it _is_ a bug in the driver, then please start feeling like a DEQNA
> expert and jump into debugging :-)

Well, I'm not a DEQNA expert.  :-(  However, if this keeps annoying me
I'll check it out.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |