Subject: Re: NetBSD, KA650 and X
To: Dave Arthur <ARTHURDC@burridge.nscc.ns.ca>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/10/1998 16:59:38
> I got ( with Boris's help) the X11R4 Xqdss and lib files from MIT and
> plunked ( er not plonked :-) ) them on my system. When I try to run
> the Xqdss from the console ( graphics head ) I get a core dump and
> thats it.

Perhaps it's related  (or not), but something changed system-call wise
between 1.2 and 1.3 somewhere. (something in the file I/O or
stat() area)

I had to recompile all my stuff when I went to 1.3B, because things like
/bin/sh and such would start dumping core. Makes booting kinda
hard ;-)

I also noticed that this has also broken the X executables I had
downloaded earlier. My 'xterm' program now dumps core too, while
it works fine under 1.2. Oh well.. Luckily I have a 2 gig drive
on my box, so I should be able to recompile the X11R6 stuff too..

As I said.. I'm not sure if this is the same thing that causes the
core dump, but it happened to me..

							Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,