Subject: [Fwd: Problem netbooting vaxstation - addenum]
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dudley M. Bertram <bertram@kodak.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/07/1998 09:16:30
On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:
> Brian D Chase wrote:

> > It looks like something is really unhappy with your second SCSI
> > controller.

> Could it simply be missing termination?

Yes. :-)  That would probably be the first thing to check.  Following that
check for any SCSI ID conflicts on that bus.  Next I would check the
cabling connections, and then the cable itself (swap the ncr0 cable with
the ncr1 cable).  Then I'd move on to removing the device(s) from the SCSI
chain.  If you get to the point where you've removed everything from the
second controller and NetBSD still won't boot then the controller is
probably busted.

You can still remove the whole SCSI daughterboard and run NetBSD/vax on
the machine as a completely diskless client.

-brian.
---

--------------F0C739536C487DC73969EE56--