Subject: Edlabel problems w/ uVax2000
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/1998 08:01:02
I am trying to label a RD32(really a Seagate ST251) using floppy install
with NetBSD 1.3. The system boots fine from floppy and edlabel seems to
respond correctly until it is time to write the label to the ST251, this is
what happens(after I have entered all the disk params of course):

    (E)dit, (S)how, (D)efault, (W)rite, (Q)uit: w
    cmd:0x24: termcode=0x3, status=0x38, cstat=0x0, dstat=0x0
    cmd:0xa0: termcode=0x1, status=0x28, cstat=0x0, dstat=0x0

After I reboot the system, run edlabel again and then Show, the system tells
me that there is no label written to disk!

Is there something that needs to be set up regarding the ST251?

Thanks,

RC