Subject: Re: 1.3 w/delqa problem
To: Ari Suutari <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roar_Thron=E6s?= <roart@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/31/1998 11:35:26
On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Ari Suutari wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mathew Henson wrote:
> >
> > So--does the problem exist with deqna as well?  I plugged one in to try, but

The delqa does mostly run in something called deqna lock-mode.

> > upon restarting the machine the boot disk refused to spin up--but if someone
> > else has tried, I'd like to know.
> >
> 	At least it occured in the past (1.2) - can't tell for 1.3
> 	since my MicroVAX II is still at old version.

It does.

I suppose it did in net2, too.
(The if/if_qe.c changes from net2 (I think) to NetBSD 1.2 were mostly in
the function interfaces. In reno there was no ring overrun check.)

The DEQNA is supposedly buggy.

DEC contributed lots to the if/if_qe.c.
Then it is either less noisy in Ultrix, or they have improved the driver,
but not contributed the improvements.

-Roar Thronęs