Subject: Re: Graphics Status
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Schepers <nscheper@wincom.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/30/1998 23:35:54
Gang -

Well, I've been doing some playing with the VS2000 video stuff.  I haven't
had that much time to spend on it because of school and everything else.
Basic TTY stuff works, but I am still curious about a couple of
things.

First:  All I know about the VS2000 mono video is that there's a 1 bit per
pixel framebuffer at 0x30000000.  I would really like some more
information on this stuff, because using bcopy to scroll *really* sucks
(scanline info, cursor, etc would be greatly appreciated).  Boris
suggested that the mono video was similar to QVSS (with a reference to a
4.3BSD man page), and I've tried some things, but I don't think it is
quite the same (of course, I could be wrong).

Second:  Until I know what the fate of dc.c and lk201.c are, I don't know
whether I should rely on them to deal with keyboard & mouse.  I think
Ragge said that dc was going to be integrated into dz, so if that's the
case, I'll wait to do keyboard and mouse stuff.  It looks like mostly
everything I need is in there.

Uhm, X, I guess, is next.

So, if anyone knows *anything* about any of this, please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

Nathan Schepers
(ascheper@wincom.net)

P.S. If someone wants to give me a VS3100 with all of the docs for the
video hardware -- and pay shipping to the frozen tundra of Canada, I won't
object. School's almost done, and I'm kind of enjoying myself with this