Subject: Re: Help! I'vecreated a monster
To: Seth J. Morabito <sethm@loomcom.com>
From: Nigel Johnson <njohnson@ican.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/1998 14:30:17
Thanks to all that replied.  I had previously edited /etc/ttys to add secure
on the console, so I couldn't figure out why it didn't work.

Seth, you were right on the money!  I found two devices, /rmt12, and /rra0g
with 0 and 0 as major/minor IDs.  I really can't figure why rra0g could be a
terminal!

Theory:  I have a G partition on my winch. It is not initialised.  Could it
be that MAKEDEV finds it and assigns it a null ID because it can't find
anything about it, this causing the confusion?

I don't know what an rmt12 is, but I deleted it anyway.

Once again, thanks to all

Nigel