Subject: Re: HELP !! I've created a monster
To: Nigel Johnson <njohnson@ican.net>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/1998 15:18:23
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Nigel Johnson wrote:

> If I come up in single-user mode, I can run login, and it will accept
> the root password.  However, as soon as I edit rc.conf to go multi-user,
> all I get (after it accepts my password) is  ROOT LOGIN REFUSED AT THIS
> TERMINAL!

change the "insecure" field in /etc/ttys to "secure" for whatever serial
lines login thinks its running on.  I have a feeling that the multiuser
login is binding to a different line than the single user one, hence the
problem...

now... if I could only get _MY_ MV-II to do something other than generate
an SCBINT when netbooting, I'd be in business.

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  agrier@reed.edu |  agrier@metro.grumblesmurf.net  | ...!reed!vla!agrier
  DECBEE65 0DEE3A0C 1ED7F54D 9E023CC4 and 0x0663D1A9 at a server near you.