Subject: Re: HP-IB?
To: None <kosack@wam.umd.edu, port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/1998 17:57:43
Daniel S Kosack <kosack@wam.umd.edu> wrote:

>>   Anyone ever work with the IBV-11 Qbus HP-IB interface?  Got docs?  Would this
>> be a difficult board to write NetBSD/vax drivers for?
>
>  Ahh... and all those HP-IB disks too.  Many people "keep" such
>paper-weights about.  Free but heavy storage. :)

I've got a bunch of them. They're called Commodore 8050, 8250 and
8250LP. Store over a whole megabyte on DD floppies... and they work
nicely with my PETs. Does the MV-3100 have something like a usable
parallel port (10 bits minimum)? In that case I could port prlink to it,
to communicate between VAXen and PETs, and then forward over the IEEE
bus...

>Dan.
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ It's not easy having a good time    rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl