Subject: HP-IB?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/1998 02:49:51
  Anyone ever work with the IBV-11 Qbus HP-IB interface?  Got docs?  Would this
be a difficult board to write NetBSD/vax drivers for?

  A general HP-IB driver interface would be highly cool...perhaps (if
we work on this) we could coordinate with the NetBSD/hp300 folks, as
they've got HP-IB too...I, and several of my hardware-type friends
would VERY MUCH like to do low-speed instrument control with
NetBSD...With a decent generic HP-IB driver (and the appropriate
machine-specific bits as well, of course) we could do that on both
NetBSD/hp300 and NetBSD/vax.

  Thoughts?  Ideas?  Is this a horrible idea, and am I just too tired
to realize it? ;)

                             -Dave McGuire
                              mcguire@neurotica.com