Subject: Re: More on Disk Images -> Disk
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/24/1998 22:57:09
<I just don't know if the gunzip would fit. Isn't there a gunzip for MS-DO
<Surely we could leverage something from it?

Warren,

Yes there is a gunzip for PC-dos, linux as well.  I use the PC version
with untar to pry apart various things I get off the 'net.

Maybe it's me but the idea of getting stuff into a pdp11 dictates a simple
chunk of code that can write to the disk at assigned locations.  I've
done this for z80s and the trick is to make the pdp11 look to the host
like a serial interfaced disk using minimal code.  Once enough stuff is
transfered to the disk like a boot, minimal kernel and a single program
to load more using the file system your all set.

Allison