Subject: Re: RX33/RX whatever floppy goes into the RX end of the uV2K
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/22/1998 19:29:02
>From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>

>:
>^From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
>/dev/null

In case anyone else has this problem, I found I had to add an asterisk to make
this work with Linux's procmail:

:0
* ^From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
/dev/null

I gotta hand it to Sokolov, procmail is exactly the kind of grungy nasty
utility that I bend over backwards to avoid having to use, but he drove
me to get off my butt and read through those enormous man pages, write the
.procmailrc, and tweak my sendmail.cf (another thing I hate) to make it work
since the line that the procmail man page told me to put in .forward didn't
work at all.

Now besides the fact that I don't have to read his chest-thumping in port-vax,
all the other mailing lists I subscribe to are being neatly delivered to their
own folders, so I can take care of personally addressed email quickly and deal
with lists when I have time.  Much more efficient -- thanks so much Mike!  :-)

John Wilson
D Bit