Subject: Re: RX33/RXwhatever floppy goes into the RX end of the uV2K
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/1998 11:54:32
<   What DEC calls RX33 is actually TEAC FD-55GFV-57-U. It is a standard

<   And BTW, there is no write current jumper on this or any other TEAC FD
<I know, since I have the full jumper descriptions from TEAC, and I don't
<see any jumpers on the logic board that are not in the description.

Sorry, some of the FD55GFV-55Us and one 57-U I have removed from VAXMATEs
do have that jumper. I happen to have 6 of these and only two of them
are identical.  There were no less than 4 different versions of the FD55G
series and I have samples of all including an engineering sample provided
to DEC for initial testing.  Of the four different version there are three
distinctly different locic board varying greatly in the number of jumpers
and position of them.  Also the lock/eject lever mech varies from a basic
lock to a full spring loaded eject on unlock.

I know the write current jumper well as using two of the drives in an
amprolb (z80 system) for 96tpi/782k operation (known in the early '80s
as DSQD) would read disks all day but could not write a reliable one
because the write current jumper was set wrong.

It is possible the person has one of those drives.  It is also possible
that the wrong media was used (360k or RX50) was sued in 1.2mb mode and
that would also cause a similar paroblem.

Allison