Subject: This may be interesting to those of you dealing with the SCSI DMA
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel A. Seagraves <DSEAGRAV@toad.xkl.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/1998 08:09:42
This may be interesting to those dealing with the SCSI DMA thing on
uV3100s...

After booting from a standard kernel (The one from gatekeeper.dec.com)
over the ether, I did the following:

--------------
# cat /dev/sd0c
sd0: no disk label
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy^C
#

sd0c had a NetBSD filesystem on it, and it's bootable via the PIO=only
kernel.  But the PIO kernel gets really slow and hangs sometimes.
It will always hand during an fsck...

But anyway, while those ys are going by, I see the HDD light blinking
through the hole where I'm SUPPOSED to have a 3.5" FDC (Someone removed
it...)

Does the letter y (Or it's binary pattern)
have some significance?
-------