Subject: Re: multi CPU uvaxII
To: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
From: Megan <mbg@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/1998 19:30:19
>That means two boxes with q22 interconnect cables would be required to
>produce a slave that has more than the 1meg onboard.  A pair of BA23s
>would work nicely. Box A would have uVAX ram, disks, terminal IO, NI
>and interconnect to box B with uVAX, RAM and QDSS via q22 cables.

It also means that even if you do want to try installing the second
CPU with its on-board memory, you can't... since it can only be plugged
into the PMI (CD) slots, which are already being used for communication
with the primary CPU...

Bottom line is I can't do what I wanted to... ah well, I'll live with
hacking on a KXT11-CA instead...

					Megan Gentry
					Former RT-11 Developer

| Megan Gentry                   | tcp/ip (work):   gentry@zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support Engineering Group |      or: gentry@rusure.enet.dec.com |
| Digital Equipment Corporation  |    (non-work):    mbg@world.std.com |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43   | URL http://world.std.com/~mbg/      |
| Nashua, NH 03062               | "pdp-11 programmer, some assembler  |
| (603) 884 1055                 |  required" - mbg                    |