Subject: FYI: NetBSD/vax on KA410/41/42/43 is popular.
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/1998 00:37:08
For about the past two weeks I've been fielding about 3-4 VS3100 related
questions a day off-list.  I imagine that's just a fraction of people
attempting to use NetBSD/vax on such machines.  :-)  Yay, we're
establishing a bigger user base.

I also notice that a lot more attention is being paid to polishing up the
support for these systems.  The >16Meg fix on the 3100's is a very good
thing for the machines.  Should the remaining issues of better SCSI
support, graphics support, and fixing up the timeouts on the lance be
resolved, that would *really* make things nice.

The recent QDSS support and DEQNA bootloader support are really great as
well.  I'm starting to feel some good momentum going here.

-brian.
---