Subject: Re: Netboot from BeBox and Ultrix installation
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/18/1998 12:43:53
Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com> wrote:
> Yup.  My VAXstation 3100/M38 comes with an RX23-AA which looks to be
> a standard 1.44 3.5in floppy mounted on an adapter to let it talk SCSI.
> The PCB on the board reads "SCSI/FDI ADAPTER L1".

That board is the DEC-made adapter I have described in an earlier post. The
whole assembly with the RX23 drive and the board is called RX23S (kind of like
TK50Z). And BTW, the RX23 drive itself is Sony, my dad has had an identical
drive in his PC for years. The only thing you can change on this drive is the
unit number. It is 0 for the RX23S configuration and 1 for IBM PC and
compatibles with twisted cables.

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299