Subject: Re: multi CPU uvaxII
To: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
From: Sheila H.//Elwood Blues <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/1998 17:42:53
rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Waitaminute - are you saying that you can make a multiple-cpu UVII? I happen to have access to
>
> Yes and No. When you install 1-3 slave KA630 CPU cards in UVII, the result is
> a weird 4 CPU machine that doesn't share main memory. The slaves can only
> access the 1Mbyte of on-board RAM and the master accesses the memory
> expansion cards. (The CPUs can see each other's memory by mapping parts of
> it to Q22 address space, but that is limited by the 4Mbyte address space and
> memory accesses through the Qbus are VERY SLOWWWW!)
>
> And No, NetBSD doesn't support these and I can't imagine it ever would..
>
> rick
Ok Rick,
I haven't harrassed anyone on this list in a while so:
What about two KA, two mems, say cpu1 has 16MB board and cpu2 has 8MB.
in a ba123 of course....I haven't tried it yet but I have been tempted.
What do I hose up?
assuming that the memory addresses on the qbus will overlap (the first 8
MB anyhow).
hmmm
bob