Subject: multi CPU uvaxII
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/1998 16:59:25
Hi,

> Waitaminute - are you saying that you can make a multiple-cpu UVII? I happen to have access to

Yes and No. When you install 1-3 slave KA630 CPU cards in UVII, the result is
a weird 4 CPU machine that doesn't share main memory. The slaves can only
access the 1Mbyte of on-board RAM and the master accesses the memory
expansion cards. (The CPUs can see each other's memory by mapping parts of
it to Q22 address space, but that is limited by the 4Mbyte address space and
memory accesses through the Qbus are VERY SLOWWWW!)

And No, NetBSD doesn't support these and I can't imagine it ever would..

rick