Subject: Re: netbooting a Microvax2000 ??
To: Tim <tobrien@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/1998 00:16:03
For now I'd check the copy of the bootloader you've got.  Ragge mentioned
getting the most recent copy he'd placed on <blah> but the boot.mopformat
should work in theory on a MicroVAX 2000.

Here's the results I get from running the Unix sum command on the
NetBSD/vax 1.3 boot.mopformat file:

  % sum boot.mopformat
  45978 54 boot.mopformat
  %

If the sum value for you copy is different then it would look like you've
got a bad copy of the bootloader.  If it does match then it's something I
haven't seen yet.  We don't have many people using straight MicroVAX
2000's (or at least none that are very vocal).  Mostly I hear from people
netbooting VAXstation 2000's, but from what I understand the two are
pretty much identical with respect to their basic design.

Let me (us) know if your bootloader passes the above test.  If not, I'll
see if I can round up anyone who's successfully netbooted a MicroVAX 2000.

-brian.

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Tim wrote:

> 	I'm trying to netboot a MicroVAX 2000, off  a linux box.

> The mop server transfers the boot image (boot.mopformat) alright, but
> when the vax tries to boot it I get:

> .
>
> Bootfile: mopboot
>

> -ESA0
>
> %VMB-F-SCBINT2, PC = 00103E58, PSL = 041F0000.
> ?06 HLT INST
>     PC = 00000F06

---