Subject: Re: uVax-II netboot help
To: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/15/1998 15:38:40
On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Tim Shoppa wrote:

> It's not clear what sort of backplane is being used, but if it's a BA23
> or BA123, it's fine to have the "bottom" (i.e. CD slots) half of slot
> 3 empty.

It's a BA123.  (Same case as vaxine.bitcon.no)

> It's quite strange to get a SCBINT while booting from a DEQNA.  Do
> other machines on the local network see the boot request?  Do they
> respond to it?

Yes to both counts.  It looks from the mop server's point of view that the
boot image was loaded successfully by the vax.

I reshuffled the cards, with the DEQNA in the top of slot 3, and it's
doing the same thing... <sigh>

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  agrier@reed.edu |  agrier@metro.grumblesmurf.net  | ...!reed!vla!agrier
  DECBEE65 0DEE3A0C 1ED7F54D 9E023CC4 and 0x0663D1A9 at a server near you.