Subject: netbooting a Microvax2000 ??
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim <tobrien@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/15/1998 20:50:48
Hi,
	I'm trying to netboot a MicroVAX 2000, off  a linux box.
The mop server transfers the boot image (boot.mopformat) alright, but
when the vax tries to boot it I get:

>>> b/100 esa0
.

Bootfile: mopboot

-ESA0

%VMB-F-SCBINT2, PC = 00103E58, PSL = 041F0000.
?06 HLT INST
    PC = 00000F06

There isn't any network activity after the boot image is transfered.
So It's someting todo with the vax.

I'm not sure what kind of ethernet controller the vax has. It's got no
disk or tape controller, but it's got a hard disk.

So just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what the problem might be?
Is it the boot image file? (i tried downloading it a couple of times from
different sites)

tim (tobiren@mcs.vuw.ac.nz)