Subject: Re: VaxServer 3100's looking for a good home! (fwd)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/13/1998 09:51:08
Disposition:

I got all of them.  They are accounted for.

They are VAXserver3100s (ka410e), 12mb ram, 1 RZ24e.  None had the
opational graphics card.

Shipping them is not possible for me or Tony as cost and resources to
do that are out of reach.  A base 3100 weighs at least 20-25 pounds
and must be packed carefully if it is to make it in one peice.  I've
seen what results if you don't, not pretty.  Cost to ship was estimated
at $30 minimum, too much.  Most people wanted a vt320, 3100 and TLZ04
and that little stack was in the 50-70 pound region and minimally three
boxes.  They are heavier than they look.

These are US domestic units, if there is 230v switching it's internal to
the PS as it's not accessable from anywhere else like most DEC hardware.

Allison