Subject: MISC-Microcoded VAXen and other machines
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/10/1998 15:00:47
My earlier message on building a MISC-microcoded VAX has kept me
thinking, and I've got a bunch of (IMHO) interesting thoughts on the
subject. Bear in mind that I don't have time to work on such a thing,
and even if I did have a lot of time, it's not what I'd work on. But I
find myself fascinated by the idea, and I'm interested in talking about
it as a sort of gedanken engineering project.

Since a lot of my thoughts are no longer strictly VAX related, and even
in the VAX case don't relate directly to NetBSD (If someone ever
implemented such a thing NetBSD could be ported to it, but that's a huge
"if"), this isn't really on-topic for this list.  However, since there
was at least one person interested in the concept when I mentioned it, I
wonder if anyone is interested in continuing the conversation off-list,
or perhaps even creating a new list if there is significant interest.
Or, it could stay on-list if people don't mind.