Subject: Re: VaxServer 3100's looking for a good home! (fwd)
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/10/1998 07:42:37
On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Ty Sarna wrote:

> Oh, and if these aren't VAXstation-equivalent, does NetBSD run on them?

Somewhere buried I'm pretty sure I've got reports of someone loading up
NetBSD/vax on one of these.  I do believe that the serial console doesn't
work on them, much like I found while working with someone loading
NetBSD/vax on a MicroVAX 3100/M10e.  From what I understand, the VAXserver
3100's are very simillar to the MicroVAX 3100, in that they were intended
for use as servers and that they use the KA41 CPU.

I'm looking to get one to investigate for myself.
-brian.
---