Subject: Re: TK50Z
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/1998 01:19:58
   Dear Antonio,

> >    This is certainly true. However, why bother with TVDRIVER in the
> > first place?!
>
> When TVDRIVER was written the SCSI infrastructure (the PKxDRIVERs) didn't
> exist.

   Apparently you have misunderstood me. You were saying that if nowadays
(i.e., when PKNDRIVER already exists) someone were to develop CCS support
for VMS on KA410, he/she would have to modify TVDRIVER and that would be a
lot of work. I was saying that since PKNDRIVER already exists, it would
take very little work to make it work on KA410, and I suspect that the only
work required would be to remove some blocking code.

> If that's all there is to it then it won't be hard for you to point out
> the lines of code that perform this check.

   Sure! Send me a copy of the listings.

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299