Subject: Re: Just getting started
To: John Varnell <jvarnel1@tuelectric.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/06/1998 07:56:46
On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, John Varnell wrote:

> I have my vaxstation 3100 booting from my linux Laptop now and need to find
> info on how to build  one of the drives in to a boot drive and setup the
> others.  Is there a step by step doc out there telling me how to do this.
> I have 2-104 meg internal and 1-546 meg. external hardrives.

The recent archives of this list contain pertinent information.  I've
started some rough work on such a guide -- but it's queued up behind some
more recent promises I've made to various people on port-vax.  Be warned
however that SCSI support on the VAXstation 3100's is not robust, and
getting any sort of useable setup is rather quirky.

port-vax archives: ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/mailing-lists/port-vax/
(It will require some serious wading through the messages)

-brian.
---