Subject: Re: TMSCP support
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andy Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/1998 10:57:37
Jeffrey D. McMahill wrote: Yep, as long as you really do have the MAINT tape,
and not the

> (more common) "Customer Diagnostics" tape.  It's been awhile since I've
> used it, but there are two different format programs on there.  The simple

Ahem, OOps,  I guess I do have this one after all.  I used to have two
versions, one that works(VAXELN based) and one that does not (Some other
O/S).  I do have the RDQX3 as a controller.

> I forget where exactly the other one is on the menu, but it was
> something like device specific utilities.  Look around and you should
> be able to find it eventually...

I hope so.  Right now this machine is so far down on the priority list it
isn't even funny.It would make a damn nice print server though.  I have now
three different printers and
even though technology allows me to put each of them on my ethernet network,
it is more
fun to have a host system involved, not to mention the spooling so that the
initiator can
go off to do more constructive things.

> The other possibility is to format it on a VS2000, if you have one.

I just might do that,  They are certainly cheap enough.

Thanks to all who answered, the responses were very constructive!

Andy