Subject: Re: TMSCP support
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/02/1998 20:49:40
<I used the MAINT tape on the MVII to reformat the RD53 (after LL fmting i
<PC when I had a need several years ago).  It goes 11 minutes into the
<format the utility ends with a fatal error.    Is there any way to
<recover the drive?  I hav drives in this category and possibility an
<RD54 as well.

Unknown as I never use the vax diags for that.  I use a rqdx3 in a PDP-11
with xxdp diags that seem to work better for that purpose.  A vs2000
is also a good choice.

<I cannot see buying any more of this kind of technology.  I am really tem
<to buy another
<DSSI controller like the one I have in the 3500 and stick it in the MVII.
<can the the RF71
<drives really cheap and these have a lot more capacity than the RD??.  I

Not a bad idea.  I run RDs becuase I have them.  Then again I do not spand
any money if I can avoid it at all!

Allison