Subject: Re: X now works on QDSS!!!
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/02/1998 10:50:22
Anders Magnusson wrote:
> Wonderful!
> Have you figured out how to get the boot programs to understand where to
> put the console?
>
> -- Ragge

This should be fairly easy.  It's in /sys/arch/vax/boot/consio.c
Apparently the it just uses the pr_ console routines instead of the rom_
console routines when running on a KA630 (and probably KA650 and KA655)
If the console routintes are compatible with other console routines then
the change is very simple... you just need to add cases to the switch
(vax_boardtype) statement.  The only catch is that I need the address of
the rom_putchar and rom_getchar routines (apparently it differs between
different VAXen).  Could somebody with the manuals look it up?

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |