Subject: Re: Sokolov
To: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
From: Oscar Oberg <Oscar.Oberg@abc.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/01/1998 20:43:07
On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Robert Smith wrote:

[snip]
> It appears your agenda is perhaps one of the following or all of the following:

[snip]

No I think I've got the answer! If we just do the Sherlock Holmes thing
and assume that when we've removed all theories that can be proved to be
wrong, the one that's left, however unlikely(?), must be the right answer.
Consider the following: Nobody could _possibly_ be as obnoxious as sokolov
apparantly is. This leaves us with just one possible solution: He doesn't
exist!

Soklov is most likely made up by someone who wanted to get some traffic,
any traffic, going on the list, just to get everyone started posting
stuff. And it worked! We now all get about 15 posts a day, and if we can
just turn them from flames (like this one) to useful posts, we'll have a
great, active, list.

Time to 'fess up.. Who's the inventor of this valiant attempt to even out
the traffic among the NetBSD mailing lists? My compliments in any case,
but we should've figured this out sooner.

Oscar :)

PS. Or somebody's testing ObnoxioPoster 1.0

PS again. The "archived for your convenience" and constant "(R)"'s was
what tipped me off

PS again 2. Or somebody's testing a threaded mailing list archiver and
needed some (long) threads