Subject: Re: TK50Z
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/25/1998 13:49:59
   Dear Allison,

   You wrote:
> At no time did I say the implementation would be other than fuctional
> SCSI.  I didn't say fast, or bootable, nor perfect, only acceptably
> usable.  No majik, no rabbit, no babble.

   Again you are talking about implementing a driver. You don't need to
implement it, it's already there, you only need to find and REMOVE the code
that blocks it! See my response to Antonio.

> For a VS2k from where I sit a PIO SCSI driver would be very useable, not
> fast or perfect for everything.  I bet it would solve a lot of problems
> for those trying to get the last ounce of usefulness out of a good but
> old machine who's greatest attribute is simply it's smallness, cheapness
> and good clean fun.

   How is this relevant to our discussion of the way VMS and Ultrix treat
the SCSI port on KA410 versus KA42/41?

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299