Subject: Re: TK50Z
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/24/1998 21:58:23
<>    Therein lies the rub. :-) I'm _SURE_ that the same driver could be u
<> for NCR 5380 on both KA410 and KA42/41.

Dearest Mikey,

PLONK!

At no time did I say the implementation would be other than fuctional
SCSI.  I didn't say fast, or bootable, nor perfect, only acceptably
usable.  No majik, no rabbit, no babble.

For a VS2k from where I sit a PIO SCSI driver would be very useable, not
fast or perfect for everything.  I bet it would solve a lot of problems
for those trying to get the last ounce of usefulness out of a good but
old machine who's greatest attribute is simply it's smallness, cheapness
and good clean fun.

Have a nice day! ;)

Allison